Ensuring our residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our top priority. We want to reassure you that we are taking all necessary steps to protect our residents, employees, and our surrounding community.
A resident at Water’s Edge who tested positive for Covid-19 in April was admitted to the hospital. He continues to test positive this month. Due to the positive test being greater than 3 months following the initial diagnosis, the facility is required to consider this a new case of covid-19 by direction of the New Jersey Department of Health.
Please be advised that Water’s Edge will be performing mandatory in house testing of all resident that may have been exposed to this resident as per direction from the Department of Health. Should your family member test positive you will be informed immediately by Water’s Edge.
Water’s Edge is following the current CDC and state guidelines as they relate to COVID-19:
- Strict infection control and prevention initiatives
- Restricting visitation at all nursing homes , except for imminent end-of-life situations
- Requiring personal protective equipment for staff at all nursing homes when interacting with COVID-19 suspected or confirmed residents. Staff must wear at least a facemask during interactions with all residents
- Requiring all staff to be checked for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature checks upon the start of each shift and every 12 hours while on duty.
- Requiring weekly testing of facility employees
- Requiring facilities to notify all residents and their family members within 24 hours if any resident tests positive for COVID-19 or if 1 or more resident or staff present with new onset of respiratory symptoms.
If you have additional questions, or for a cumulative update of our response, please visit our company website at watersedgeusa.com or company Facebook page at facebook.com/watersedgeusa. You may also contact Water’s Edge at 609-393-8622. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov/coronavirus and the New Jersey COVID-19 website at covid19.nj.gov for the most up to date information and guidance. Thank you, and please stay well”